Monday, April 2, 2012

Rotary Orientation (What happened at Skidmore)

Ola!

If you read my last blog post you would know that on Saturday, I went to Skidmore College for Part 1 of Rotary Orientation. Rotary Orientation went well. (I don't sit well through lectures but thankfully the people who were giving the lectures understood that and cracked more than one joke.)

I saw a bunch of people at the event (Jasmin, Keith, Melissa, Kristina, Juan, Antonia, Yoshi, On, Nati, Miguel and John). I also met the exchange student from Brazil! Her name is Heloisa but everyone calls her Helo. We had a lot of fun. Right before dinner Antonia, On, Yoshi and I were having a cultural exchange. In other words we taught the other people to play Rock, Paper, Scissors, Shoot in our language. It was really fun.

During dinner, I sat with Juan and we both were laughing at this one demonstration that Rotary had after dinner. Apparently, Rotary is having an event that requires you to wear a toga and no one knew how to tie one. They demonstrated on this poor guy (they filmed it, too) using a twin bed sheet with him wearing a paper laurel.

The current and future exchange students
Beijos!
Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment