Friday, July 27, 2012

Foiled by the weather!

Oi!

So foiled again!

I will not be arriving in Brazil tomorrow, as it stands my flight leaves on Monday! How did this happen, well... It was a dark and stormy night. Hahahaha just kidding.

There was, however, a lot of really nasty thunderstorms over Detroit and that was where my flight was headed. After getting onto the runway and then having to come off because of a grounding restriction, we all waited in the terminal before reboarding the plane. Not long afterwards we were told to exit the plane again because the grounding was in place again. Shortly after that I was informed that the flight had been cancelled. After a long (and I mean long) discussion with the attendant I was informed that the soonest they could get me off the ground was Monday. I was also informed that a flight may open up before that and I should call Delta for updates. I also was informed that my suitcases had decided to go to Detroit without me. I'm not entirely sure how that happened but I have been told that I will get them back, they do know where they are.

Despite all of the problems that I ran into this first attempt to leave I still can't wait to arrive in Brazil. What caused this whole fiasco was a bunch of ill-timed thunderstorms and I am fine, so I can't really complain.

It looks like the Adirondacks will have to put up with me for a little while longer and I just hope my next try to get on a plane will be better than this one!

Tchau!
Kiki

2 comments: