Monday, December 3, 2012

Nordeste Terra Brasil! And happy birthday Dad!

Ola!

I would like to dedicate this post to two people, my original Portuguese teacher, Percy, who lived in Belo Horizonte and my Dad, who turns fifty years old today! Percy, thank you so much for inspiring me to come to Brazil, I am having a wonderful time. Dad, I told you I would be sending you your 'happy half a century' card from Brazil and well this is it! I love you, Dad!

Okay, so on to your regular programming...

I flew into Belo Horizonte with a bunch of other exchange students and after grabbing my stuff, was told to get on a small bus to take me to the hotel! That had no Internet, now you know why I seemed to drop off the face of the planet for a few days.

I had two roommates, Marie, from France and Maria, from Mexico. I went swimming with six other exchange students before going back for dinner. After dinner there was a small dance party that lasted for quite some time. The next day we all went swimming and I went on the water slide that they have there a few times before I got cold. After lunch we went to another place for the official start of the trip. I got a backpack, water bottle, hat, shirt, patch and pen with Terra Brasil on it.

Today, I woke up at five and packed my things before leaving the hotel at seven. We only just got to our hotel and it is now about midnight. The bus was really nice but I am really looking forward to walking around. I have three roommates tonight, Melissa, from Mexico, Leandera, from Switzerland and Pinja, from Finland.

Boa noite! Bom dia!
Kiki













1 comment:

  1. It looks beautiful there! Glad to see you are having a good time. The water park looks like water safari!
    Love you,Mom

    ReplyDelete