Thursday, January 12, 2012

How I got to the point I am at now.

I should probably explain how I started the whole exchange process. After my Brazilian Portuguese class got past the whole 'let's ship Kiki to another country for a year' and really started to look into the program we realized that there was no Rotary Club in my town. Even further research told us that the nearest club was in North Creek, in another district. After talking with the Rotary representative at the White Water Derby, the club agreed to 'adopt' me. They would be my sponsor club.

While I was going through the process I got in contact with two students who were doing their exchange year then. Sam and Emily were really encouraging and they told me that no matter how frustrating the process might be, I should stick with it. The application process was a real pain but I took their advice and here I am, going to Brazil!

I really am going to miss stuff from around here but I know that the experience I am going to have will be unparalleled in anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment