Saturday, January 7, 2012

Placement!

Tudo bom!

So, it started as a joke. I was the oldest kid in our Brazilian Portuguese class, the one who would be able to become an exchange student. The joke started as a 'let's ship Kiki off to Brazil for a year, ha ha ha.' But then we started looking into it and the possibility became more real. It was when we first contacted the Rotary Club in North Creek that I realized that I was most likely going to become an exchange student. We finished the application on time (barely) and handed it in. After the club interview and the district interview I was accepted as an exchange student. Then came the waiting, there is no guarantee that you will get your first choice but Brazil was an unusual first choice so I was almost sure I would get in. Key word there is almost. I was told that I would hear from Rotary around the holidays. Christmas came and then New Years, then finally today I got the email! And I was placed in Brazil. I have no idea where in Brazil, I won't hear that until much later but at least I know which country I'm going to.

No comments:

Post a Comment