Thursday, February 14, 2013

Carnival

Ola!

Whew! Carnival is over. Now I can get to sleep before three in the morning. Only part I disliked about it. But anyways, Carnival was a blast. I would upload the pictures but I can't find my camera cord right now. (I'm fairly certain that it is at the bottom of the bag that is in another bag in another bag... and well, you get the idea? Knowing my luck, I probably put it in a really good spot that I 'knew' I would never forget. Isn't that wonderful! :P

But anyways, Carnival... yeah. So, for those of you who need a mental picture to subsitute my sever lack of, picture Mardi Gras with lots of skin showing, loud music and samba. That about sums it up. For those of you who don't know what Mardi Gras is (and have yet to Google it...), picture a five day costume party (like Halloween) with the above mentioned. Now, take all of that knowledge and add the word Brazil to it. Instant party. It was crazy and my host family wasn't even in the thick of it! I loved it! I mean, really, who wouldn't want to basically celebrate Happy Thursday for five days straight? (Note: For those who have not been exposed to the awesomeness that is Happy Thursday, please proceed to the nearest Hulbert Homeschool week attendee and ask them. Obrigada.) I mean, come on!

So, yeah, back to Carnival... My host sister and I got spray cans of foam and sprayed each other with it (it's a tradition...). That is something that I really need to bring back with me to the states (glances at photos of fellow homeschoolers and snickers, they won't know what hit them...)

Cue evil music

I probably should mention the powder we throw at each other either, should I?

Music fades out

Naw, I'm just kidding about using it on my best of friends whole would never (insert sarcasm) do that to me... I'll just bring it up for Exploroptionals at camp (once again, please refer to the nearest Hulber Homeschool week attendee near you...).

But despite, (or perhaps because of) the flying powder and foam, I had an awesome time!

Tchau!
Kiki

Note: sleep deprivation may cause extreme amounts of sarcasm and bad humor to occur. If this happens, please direct subject to the nearest bed.

1 comment:

  1. Kiki, you just make me laugh and smile! So glad Carnival was awesome!
    Beijos e abraços!
    Te amo,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete