Thursday, August 16, 2012

Captain Jello

Ola!

So, I thought you all would be interested to learn about this funny game that I learned from my classmates at school. It is called 'Captain Jello'. Here is how you play as far as I understand it: to join the game you go up to someone you know is playing and say 'Captain Jello' when they aren't 'safe'. ( You are safe when you have some part of your body crossed; arm, legs ankles, fingers, etc.). If they are truly 'not safe' (they don't have anything crossed) then they have to freeze until someone taps them. (What I do and what almost everyone else does is catch someon, laugh and then release them.) After you (or someone else) releases them they might (if it is your first time playing) offer you they 'Captain Jello Promise' (basically a pinky promise) after that you are in the game and anyone can try and get you, so keep you fingers crossed. You wouldn't believe how many times I forget, today during break I was walking down to the snack bar when one of the boys in my class shouted from the hallway near our classroom door " Kiki! Captain Jello!". ( Note: I was on the second floor and he was on the third. Our classroom is near the handicapt ramp so you can clearly see the hallway I was walking in.) I, of course, didn't have anything crossed so I was frozen midstride. He started down the handicapt ramp but thankfully a girl who was not in my class tapped me. I proclaimed him truly evil and  proceeded to laugh about it. He had gotten me fair and square.

Tchau!
Kiki

1 comment:

  1. Hysterical! Makes me smile just picturing it! Does everyone play this in English? in Portuguese? or both? Miss you! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete