Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Poker Face

Ola!

So, what happens when you add good music from either the states or Brazil, a bunch of female Brazilian Rotarians and one female American exchange student? The answer, a very amusing dance party!

A few days ago, I went to a luncheon for Rotary. After we had finished the meal, someone put on some music. After a few songs had played 'Single Ladies' by Beyonce started to play. I know some of the dance so I started to do it and before I knew it I had several people following me with the moves. It became a dance exchange, they would show me how to dance to a Brazilian song and I would show them how to dance to an American song! One of the songs was the English translation of 'aí Se Tu Pego' by Michel Teló and I now agree with most of Brazil, it is a lame song but that doesn't mean we can't dance to it! Something that I don't think I could forget easily was the sight of my host mother and another Rotarian dancing to 'Poker Face' by Lady Gaga and everyone cracking up because the two were cleaning dishes as well.

I hope you guys are having an awesome time in the states!

Paz!
Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment