Thursday, September 13, 2012

Politics

Ola!

So I was wondering what to write for this blog when I heard my inspiration, literally! It was one of the political promotions. I should probably explain that in Brazil all adult citizens are required to vote by law and because they are the candidates put forth different efforts to win votes. Those include television and radio commercials and posters but I have to admit that Brazilians then get much more creative. Picture this: an automobile, it could be a car or a truck, with flags supporting a candidate hanging out the side, the windows filled with decarations supporting the candidate and speakers mounted on the top singing the candidate's praise. I once even saw a parade of cars that all supported the same candidate and other candidates set off fireworks to get people's attention. At first I thought it was really cool, until I got stuck in traffic next to one. Then it got annoying, most people seem to agree, and you can't really blame them.

Anyways, they go by the apartment only every now and them but if you go on the main roads, they're everywhere.

I still love Brazil but it is very different when it comes to political advertising!

Beijos!
Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment