Thursday, October 11, 2012

Dias de Crianças

Olá!

Happy Dais de Crianças or Children's Day!

Today, I woke up early and went with my host mother and another woman, named Isabelle, to a small school on the edge of São Luís so that I could help the Rotarians there to hand out presents to the kids. They got candy, cookies and if they were a boy, they got a truck, if they were a girl, they got a princess doll. It was very cute.

After we finished handing out gifts and the kids went home, we went to another set up for Children's Day. This one had activities for the kids along with dancing dolls that showed different types of dances in São Luís.

Then we went to the center for the arts in São Luís! After eating in this open air restaurant, we did a little shopping in this market that reminds me a lot of Daytona's Flea Market. I am now the proud owner of a São Luís t-shirt and a flower hair band. During our shopping expedition, Isabelle pointed out a group of blue tiled buildings that were beautiful.

It was a really fun day! I had a great time helping out with the kids!

Beijos!
Kiki

PS Here is the answer to the challenge I gave you last week: Today, I do not have lessons. Today, I have a test.

This week's challenge: Eu gosto comer camarão e peixe aqui.

1 comment:

  1. OK - so I was waiting on purpose to post my translation:

    "I like to eat shrimp and fish here."

    It was GREAT Skyping with you tonight, honey!

    Love you and miss you!
    Beijos!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete