Monday, October 29, 2012

The Day that never ends...

Ola!

A few days ago, (Saturday to be exact) had one of the longest days in Brazil yet. Early that morning I woke up and went to school so that I could take that week's tests. The tests started at eight and I left the school around ten. That afternoon I had the pleasure of going to the movie theater and watching 007 Operation Skyfall, in Portuguese, of course. The movie was really good and I had a lot of fun. That night I went to David's house for a Rotary Club dinner. It was very fun. All the kids sat at one table by the pool and talked in a mixture of English, Portuguese and whatever else has happened to be on our minds (including but not limited to Mandarin, Danish, Japanese and German). We all had a wonderful time and everyone started laughing at my expense when my host mother and David got into a 'fight' over whose house I would be staying at next. At least someone found it amusing.

After a very long day, my host family got back to the house past midnight but I wouldn't trade it for the world (but a few hours of sleep is up for debate).

Eu amô vocês!
Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment