Friday, October 5, 2012

Go Bananas

Ola!

Tudo bom? That means 'how are you' in Portuguese. I am having an awesome time here below the equator!

So I was eating lunch at casa de avó, that means my host grandmother's house, when I got an idea of what I should put up on my blog, bananas! I literally eat two or three of them every day. And that's not all, I am experimenting (okay coping the natives) with the different foods that taste good with bananas. I have yet to come across a combination that doesn't taste good! One of my favorite things to eat that is now fried banana! Don't make faces it is really yummy and if it is done correctly, not a bucket of grease.

I would recommend trying some!

Beijos!
Kiki

PS I have decided to start a small challenge for my Portuguese class back home. Comment after you translate it without using an online source!

Hoje não tem aula. Hoje tem prova.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I finally was able to sign in so I can comment!

    Here's my translation:
    "Today they did not have class. Today they had test." (OK - so I guessed at that last word because I didn't want to cheat...)

    I'll make sure everyone from class sees this and gives it a try...

    Eu amo voce!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kiki,
    Tis is my translation "Don't have class today. Had test today"
    I didn't cheat at all promise!!

    Miss ya,
    Your sister!!! : ) : ) : )

    P.S. Glad your having fun : )

    ReplyDelete