Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fun in the Sun

Oi! That means hi in Portuguese.

Well, first I think I should tell you that the Internet has been acting funky and if you sent me an email in the past few days, well I just got it. I'll work on responding to all of you but it might take a bit.

Okay, now that we've gotten that out of the way... On to the good stuff, the sunburns! I, in my infinite wisdom, failed to bring extra sunscreen with me to the pool and I'm paying for it now. My host brother, Julio, finds my day glow skin really amusing but hey, I had a lot of fun that day. Because my host father is a retired militant the family can go to the military pool. My host mother and I go almost every weekend (but I usually remember sunscreen). The water is really nice but every time my host mother goes in she always says 'frio', which means cold in Portuguese. I always tell her that it is colder in the United States. I am really enjoying my time here in Brazil and I hope all of you are have an awesome time back home!

Beijos!
Kiki

PS And the answer to last week's challenge is...
Today I'm going to Rotary.

This week's challenge:
Em Estados Unidos, os logos são muitos frios.

1 comment:

  1. Hey - so I was waiting to post last week's (don't know why) and messed up! You posted the answer before I got to comment soooo... here's my answer right away to this week's
    "In the United States, the lakes (?) are very cold."
    I'm really trying to go from what I remember - so now I'm going to go check in our little dictionary.
    Beijos!
    Mom <3

    ReplyDelete